When my friend Megan came over and showed me an extremely easy to make meat-less burger, I fell in love. Now if you know me, you know I don't do well with following recipes (funny that that is the case, yet I am sitting here writing you all of my "recipes.") I guess it's a good thing, because then I come up with some fun twists and turns. That being said, this burger I made is a twist on what Megan and I made. With some ingredients essentially the same, some completely different. Thats what makes this FUN, right?
Needless to say, this burger is an absolute must. Its such a staple in my dinners now and I love it. I am obsessed with coming up with fun and new recipes to enjoy with the ones I love. Plus, I know my boyfriend would get extremely tired of my usual potatoes for dinner every night. Time to switch it up!
PREP TIME: 35 MINUTES YIELDS: 8 BURGERS COOKING TIME: 35 MINUTES
- 1 CAN BLACK BEANS, DRAINED + RINSED
- 5 SWEET POTATOES, CHOPPED + BOILED
- 1 CUP STEAMED BROWN RICE
- 3/4 CUP CHOPPED GREEN ONION
- 1/2 CUP RICE FLOUR
- 1 TSP BLACK PEPPER
- 1 TSP CUMIN
- 1/2 CLOVE GARLIC, MINCED
- AVOCADO, SLICED
- TOMATO, SLICED
- RED ONION, SLICED
- HOMEMADE KETCHUP
- PREHEAT OVEN TO 375 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT
- BOIL SWEET POTATOES
- DRAIN AND RINSE BEANS
- ADD ALL BURGER INGREDIENTS TO BIG BOWL + MASH WELL
- ONCE MASHED, ROLL BASE INTO BURGER-LIKE CIRCLES
-PLACE BURGERS ON PARCHMENT LINED OVEN SAFE TRAY
- COOK FOR 35 MINUTES
- TAKE OUT BURGERS (TEST WITH A FORK FOR THE RIGHT CONSISTENCY)
- ADD TOPPINGS & ENJOY!!!