1. You WILL leave a different person (physically, mentally, emotionally)
- This is by far the most significant reason there is. You will leave transformed. There is never a travel experience that leaves you the same as you were before. You meet people, you see new cultures, you experience a whole new way of life. (I'll get to that more within these next four reasons.) But most importantly, you will learn. You will learn where your limits are physically. You will learn how to relax the mind through asanas and breathing. You will learn about the importance of our physical and mental health. Along with simple tips and tricks on how to transition into a healthier lifestyle with a Certified Holistic Health Coach trained in over 40 thousand dietary theories. You will come out of this retreat rejuvenated and ready to take control of your life.
2. You will gain connections
- Regardless of if you try to or not, you are going to make friends. These friends won't be from your hometown, they most likely won't even be from your country. They will be from all over the world. So want a reason to visit Australia next year? Call your new friend you just met that lives there! Oh they're starting a new company that you can work for? Time to move! Oh and yes, this seriously happens. The universe works in funny ways once you become open to actually accomplishing everything you've ever dreamed of. Chase your goals and follow your dreams and watch how countless opportunities begin to arise.
3. You'll find yourself, or even better, you'll lose yourself in the journey
- We venture out to see within. It's an old saying that rings with so much truth. How often have you just been sitting in your chair at work and thought, "Wow, this is incredible, I am feeling like that same tree I stare at out the window everyday is speaking to me." Unless you're on shrooms, chances are, you're probably not saying that. But as you tan on the beaches of Colombia, or you're over looking the chain of Greek islands as you land in Mykonos, you might think differently. Maybe you are practicing yoga in the serenity of the mountains of Southern Spain or even kite surfing the waves off the coast of Sicily at your retreat. My point is, the chances are that while experiencing those things, you are in-fact being spoken to. You're having the time of your life. You are growing with every new place your mind, body and soul have the opportunity to see. Whether it's breath taking views, seeing something you've never encountered before or viewing different cultures, you are evolving into a multicultural being. You are seeing the world outside but also the world of potential within yourself. And with that, each place you go, you find (or lose) yourself a little more.
4. Less fear = More opportunities
- So you did this. You went abroad, alone, for a week, to attend a yoga retreat. Now what? Everything seems pretty do-able. Financially, physically and mentally. You know you swung it financially once, what's to say that won't happen again, and soon?! Physically you are stronger. You've used your body everyday to get through class. Vinyasa after vinyasa. Mentally, you got there. You didn't die, you weren't abducted, you didn't fail. Actually, you succeeded with flying colors. Congrats! Fear seems a distant memory now. You've opened the door to a most beautiful pandora a box my friend...
Ok, I lied, I only gave you four reasons. (Of the million that there are to actually go and do whatever it is you're dreaming of.) I saved the "5th reason" for me to say that exact thing: Go. Do it. I mean like, seriously, if you're reading this, book your ticket already. Or follow whatever dream it is that has you on here trying to find inspiration from me.
Maybe it's not one of my four retreats that you want to go on. I'm not here to sell you anything, I'm here to tell you to take that chance. Maybe you want to travel to Asia. But either way, you're reading a blog post essentially attempting to convince you on your choice to travel. But why do you need someone from across the world to give you comfort to do something? I could be wrong, but I feel like you're looking for someone to tell you it's ok. That you'll be fine and everything will work out in your favor - financially, physically and mentally like it did for me. Plot twist, I'm not going to tell you that. It's not all ALWAYS (key word) going to work out in your favor. Another plot twist: It didn't all always work out for me. But as it turns out, the things that didn't work out almost every single time led to something even better. I got sick but I wound up meeting even more incredible people through that illness. I wound up learning even more about my body. I wound up forgetting how crappy I felt and learning how to be grateful each and every day. The fear of trials, failure and tribulations are what's stopping you, but trials, failures and tribulations are what will transform you in the most positive way imaginable. They are what's going to give you that feeling of accomplishment. Adrenaline. Life. Once you beat them, you have no where else to go but up.
There are always going to be thorns on roses. But guess what? They're beautiful and we love them anyway.
So is this planet. And so are you. It deserves to be seen and you deserve to be the person seeing it. So go. I'm not telling you it will always be ok, I'm telling you it will always be worth it.
Questions? Concerns? Comments? Contact me!
Book my retreats here --
Read my most recent travel post --